Friday, September 4, 2009

Yummy Hawaiian Food!

The beautiful pic here is of our fruitastic breakfast before we left Waikiki. The fruit came from Chinatown in Honolulu. You can always count on Chinatown to have the good outdoor markets. More friendly to the pocketbook too!!


Here I am eating my poi at Ono's (which means delicious in Hawaiian).
We were skeptical at first but luckily we had a very knowledgeable and friendly local explain the steps to a traditional Hawaiian meal. Emma explained several dishes in the previous post. Basically the poi is a palate cleanser between tastes of different dishes. The flavors of Hawaiian dishes are of great contrast to one another, therefore poi allows one to appreciate each flavor separately. Advice from the waiter, "Eat in circles until you fall asleep." The Hawaiian way! Fantastic!!!

Also I thought I would show you my empty bowl of poi next to Emma's full bowl. HAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment